[Are you getting your site positioned in the major search engines? Use our one stop page to find out]
Here are some tips for creating search engine friendly pages...
Develop a theme for each web page (and for your site as a whole) with the following list of strategies:
- Keywords in the <TITLE> tag(s)
- Keywords in the <META NAME="DESCRIPTION"> Note: The W3C recommends your page Description be no longer than 200 characters or approximately 25 words.
- Keywords in the <META NAME="KEYWORD"> ... place one space between individual words; do not use commas.
- Keywords in the <H1> or other section header tags
- Keywords in the text hyperlink and the anchor tag <A HREF="http://yourstudio.com/keyword.html">keyword</A>
- Keywords in the body text; Write your paragraphs so keywords appear in at least the topic and conclusion sentences.
- Keywords in the ALT tags.
- Keywords in the <!-- insert comments here --> comments tags
- Keywords in the <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="HIDDEN" VALUE="include list of keywords here"> the hidden type tag.
- Keywords in the URL or site address, e.g., http://www.keyword.com/keyword/keyword.html
- Follow your title with a short sentence restating your title.
- You should place the same "keyword or keyword phrase" at least twice in your description; and make sure to lead off your meta "keywords" with the same "keyword or keyword phrase" you placed in your title and meta "description".
- Finally, remember to sprinkle your targeted keyword or keyword phrases at least 3 to 4 times throughout the content.
If you wish to learn more, here is a well written tutorial about Search Engine Optimization
[Close this window]